It was 3 years ago Colby gave me mine.
I love everything about my ring, not only do I love the fact that it's a diamond (what girl doesn't?), but I love all the meaning and memories behind it.
- The many late night phone calls that often lasted till 4 in the morning, and sometimes resulted in Colby showing up at my front door.
- The weekly trips Colby made down to St. George, many of which were unplanned making it that much better.
- "All my single ladies" was the it song at the time and I would turn it up every time it came on in the car so he knew "to put a ring on it," and he would get flustered and say "I'm trying Natalie."
- All the hard work he did to buy a car to resale and use the money for the ring.
- The time we got pulled over in that car and I honestly thought Colby was going to get taken to jail because the cop was furious at him for being polite.
- I love that Colby picked it out himself, after sending me email after email with different ones he had looked at, asking if that is what I was thinking?
- The fact that he has no definition of a secret/surprise, so he called me after leaving my parents and telling me he had "the talk" with my parents.
- The drive up the weekend we were getting engaged.
- The actual engagement, non of which went according to planned:), and even better he had his zipper down when he asked me :) hehe, don't let him know I told that little secret.
- And his ring at the temple, WAY too big.
I love you Colby, and am still glad I said "YES!", and even more glad you asked me.




No comments:
Post a Comment