April 29, 2012

Colby's Big Day

Colby turned 26 this year, unfortunately on a week day.  Why can't all big days be on a weekend?  Anyway, we celebrated on his day before work with my first attempt at crepes.
 After work I then attempted lettuce wraps, one of Colby's favorite foods.  I don't know how he felt about them, but I thought they turned out alright.
Then for gifts I struggled.  But for his big gift I got him an indoor shooting range pass so he could go with his friends. Trust me, it took a long time to muster up the courage to get him that.  I hate guns and I do not in any way want promote them, but I figured it was his birthday and that is something he would want. After YM/YW, we had a photo sesh:).  Colby's Jay Leno pic was our fav, we laughed and laughed.
To continue the festivities, we spent Saturday in SLC.  We visited the new City Creek and it is so neat. When we walked in I felt like I was in Cali, or somewhere big.  Not lil' ol' Utah. 
The tulips at temple square were so pretty.  After lunch, we went and did one of Colby's favorite activities which I hate because it is expensive.  (Yep, I'm cheap).  We went to the movies and saw the Hunger Games.  
Afterwards we had friends over for ice cream
My favorite part of the night?  My friend KP's husband Brandon and Colby realized they had the same birthday, year and everything.  They were stoked! 
 Haha so we had to relight another candle and sing to the both of them.
Happy Birthday Colby!.... and Brandon :)


No comments: