June 27, 2010

1 Year Ago Today...

We got married!

I can't believe how fast the time has flown by! It almost makes me sad.
Some of my favorite things about marriage and Colby:
  • I always have my best friend wherever I go
  • He is nice about my cooking, and sometimes even asks for seconds
  • I love that he sleep talks.  Mostly it's an incoherent mumble, but every once in a while I get a loud one like last night, he yells out "9-3-6-5-1-2" or some random number.  What it means? I don't know.  Do I love it?  Yes I do.
  • I love that when he wakes up he has a doe eyed smile with crazy afro hair
  • I love that he does things I like to do, even though he'd rather not.
  • He makes the best waffles
  • He is always so thoughtful
  • He watches our wedding video with me every time, even if it is the thousandth time we've watched it
  • He has the prettiest smile
  • He always has to have calogne on, even if he is just getting into bed
  • He can make me laugh even if I'm bugged
  • He makes everyone around him feel important
  • Everyone he ever has talked about from his past is "my best friend"
  • He has to tell everyone no matter who you are when he says good bye, "love ya"
  • He is so passionate about refrigerators of all things, or anything that is a "great buy" really
  • He always is very complimentary
Let's be honest, the list could go on and on, but the thing I love most, is he is the most selfless person I know.  I don't think he ever does something without someone else in mind.

We had to celebrate a day early, as it landed on a Sunday. So to celebrate I got to take my boards of all things.  Yep, I studied all week long, putting everything else aside. My cute parents got me a thoughtful little good luck gift

Colby got up early to make me a yummy balanced breakfast, then I was stressfully off to the testing center.
Afterwards Colby planned for a day of "destressing" by getting pedi's,
This was my first time, and I was a little embarrassed of the way the callus's flew off.
We then got a couples massage down in Murry at Zen.  It was quite the fantsy smanshy, but I will never protest a 90 minute massage.  This again was my first, and we loved it!
Then we made our way to Park City for a nice little dinner and some aimless wandering.  I love old cities.  
The day was a success, as Colby always makes everything perfect.
Today I returned the favor of breakfast and we did the traditional cake.  I was surprised at how moist it stayed.  It tasted as if it had just been baked.  We then watched our wedding video once again, and I loved it just as much as the first time through.
Bride and Groom cups compliments of Erika and Whit:)
 


At a wedding I've been asked, "Aren't you glad this isn't your wedding?"  I responded with a, "No way!  I loved my wedding day!"  And it's true, I'd go back and do it all over again if I had to.

2 comments:

The Falkers said...

You two are so cute! I was so sad I couldn't make it to your big day :-( Loved this post! Come see me!!! :-) XOXO

Camille said...

Happy late anniversary. It was so great to see you guys last night. Thanks for hanging out.