For Colby's last hurrah with the High Adventurers, he got to go to Crystal Lake in Montana. He said it was beautiful.
They fished
Had campfires,
Camped our favorite way, in hammocks,
And their favorite part, rode bikes along an old train tressell.
At some points they say it was 300 feet up
Colby says the scariest part was riding through the tunnels.
He took this last picture and was pretty proud.
My favorite story from this trip serves Colby right:). He has this hideous snarl he does, and without fail he can scare anyone he does it to. Well, he thought he would be funny, speed up to get way ahead on the trail, get off his bike and hide in the trees to scare some of the boys who came up behind him. Well, he heard someone coming, waited till they were right there and he jumped out and did his ugly snarl. Well the best part of the story is it wasn't one of the boys, but rather some older man with his wife shortly behind him. Haha he said the man made a startled noise, scuzed him off, and road on. Colby apologized profusely after him, but he didn't seem to find it a bit funny. He said later on the bus ride down he saw this man again and apologized, and his wife smiled at him, but he said the man didn't really say anything back. Apparently, time didn't even make it a little bit funnier. But I thought it was hilarious.
Although I will be glad I don't have to go a week without Colby once a year, I am sad he is no longer in young men, and I know he misses it. But he was glad he got to have this last trip with the boys.





No comments:
Post a Comment