August 22, 2010

Lesson Learned

A few months ago Colby and I were put in charge of Youth Conference.  When we were called my eyes got big and I was thinking, Do you know how old I am?! I mean I still get asked at the door if my parents are home. (Which I don't mind by the way.  This way I can simply turn those pesky sells men away by simply saying "Nope" and feel okay about it cause I'm not lying)  So we stressed, planned, and prepared for it.  Our youth comity came up with the activities, and we helped make it possible.
Although I was a stress basket the day of and the days preceding, I think it turned out pretty good.
They did a service project for an elderly couple in the ward..
Had dinner, which thankfully less kids showed up than expected because I had a whole pot of chicken that never cooked.
Had a talent show.  I was really impressed with all the kids that participated, they did awesome.
Even Colby joined in.
Then Ashli, Colby's sister, set the mood for her husband Brian to give a geat fireside.
We camped,
Then woke up the next morning for some boating.  I think Colby has had his feel for camping for the next year.:)
Through this whole experiece we have learned the importance of one word, "D-E-L-I-G-A-T-I-O-N!"  If we are ever in charge of anything again, we will Not try to do it all on our own ever again. 
Thanks to my family and Colby's family for all you offered and all your help.  You really made it work out for us!

1 comment:

Sheena said...

I had no idea you were alone! We could have hung out! Cooking for one person sux!!! Looks like you guys had a fun and busy month. I can't wait for things to get back to normal so we can hang out!