July 12, 2011

85 Years Ago

  • Route 66 is built from Chicago to LA
  • A house on average cost a little over $7,000... If only, I would call Dave Ramsey right now and yell "I'm Debt Free!"
  • NBC is launched
  • Kelly Blue Book is published... what would Colby do without it?
  • 27 Tornadoes strike the southern US... well try 107 recorded in the US in 2011
  • Aerosol Spray and Winnie-the-Pooh are created
  • 5 foot 2, and Eyes of Blue AND When the Red-Red Robin comes a Bob-Bob-Bobbin' Along were hits
  • Marilyn Monroe, Hugh Hefner, and Fedel Castro are born (um not the greatest bunch)... thank goodness this lady was too!
She loves her black licorice ice cream!
I only hope when I am 85 and I stand under my birthday banner, I can say I have never dyed my hair and it is sill as brown as it is now.  Yep, true statement.
Love you Gram's

No comments: